new crown keeps falling small stumpp left what to do

I had a root canals and screw posts on upper 2 left bicuspids 9 years ago. I did not have a cast post but a screw metal post.

I had started new dentists a while ago. All of sudden one biscuspit tooth stated moving because post got loose, The other biscusoid had minor decay under cap. Both crowns were removed . The loose post on the tooth was removed and a new screw post was out in and then recrowned so far no problem

The tooth with decay was cleaned and recrowned. Problem the crown keeps comming off. The dentist said that the stump is too small and he has to remove post and do a new build up with a cast post buI i do not need gum surgery because the stump is above gum line but really small.

1) Will removing old post and making a cast post work, or do i really need gum surgery to expose more tooth. I dont know why my old dentist never made a cast post or my new dentist realized that the tooth stub was too small for a new crown. I will will only be charged for new buildup.

2 )denttemp is not working so I have to wait to see dentist tueday . Now it is sunday night . is this safe, as my gum feels sore from trying to get cap back on with dentemp. it started bleeding. I have amoxicillin so i starded taking it so i dont get an infection

Last edited:

Ask a Question