Need to spit in the morning

Hello all,

I have a problem for a long time already.

Every morning my mouth is full of saliva that I need to spit. If I don't spit it just feels disgusting in my mouth. Swallowing it is also disgusting.
Before that I used to have bleeding gums for a long time (and now I still have a bit of inflamed gums). It used to be even worse, because I had a lot of blood in the saliva in the morning. Now my gums don't bleed but still in the morning I need to spit, otherwise I can't continue sleeping.

When I start spitting it's mostly white, but a bit reddish (perhaps a little bit of blood that makes it disgusting?)

But now when I brush teeth my gums don't bleed anymore. When I floss also not. Dentists clean my teeth every half a year and I try to keep a good hygiene. Two dentists said that my gums are a bit inflamed but they are OK and there's no actual problem. That it's normal.

My question is: is that a common thing to have a disgusting saliva in the morning? or maybe I am just used to have a disgusting saliva so it's automatically disgusting for me?

Yes, I can drink a juice or something in the morning. But that's not solving the issue..

Any advice?

Thanks

Ask a Question