Need some advice..

Hi,

Just need some advice if anyone can help me.
I have had/plan on having more conversations with my dentist but I just need some advice in the meantime.

I am 21, until about the age of 16 i'd say I had what you would call normal/nice teeth.

Since then and getting worse, I am in pain all of the time. I almost await the pain because I know it's too good to be true when I ain't in pain for days/weeks at a time.

It's been a long long time since I got the what you could say all clear from the dentist. I am forever needing work done, I understand some people just inherit from genetics or have bad luck but it's upsetting me so much. I am only 21 and it's affecting my confidence. My teeth are straight and don't look that bad apart from the odd few.

The odd few, one being my front upper tooth which has undergone several attempts at root treatment... it has discoloured because of this which makes me so self conscious but i know it needed done.

Basically, this past tuesday I got lower left molar removed because several root treatments had been undergone and unsuccessful. This gum now has an infection so I have been in complete agony for weeks now with this tooth.

Only yesterday, a lower front tooth decides to play up, agony worse than the extraction pain.. I think possibly just travelling pain but I got seen today from a dentist and right enough, an abscess - needs root treated.. another one added to the long list of work to be done.

I plan on having a chat with my dentist about what can be done long term because i can't do this.. it's upsetting, painful and getting too much to face every few weeks.

What are my options at my age? I'm missing 5 teeth in total and the majority have had fillings or undergone or to be root treated.

People keep telling me get my teeth done, just get them done... what does this even mean?

what are my options?

thank you.

Sounds like you need to go see a cosmetic dentist for some work. You should definitely take care of that abscess ASAP. If you wait, things will just get worse rather quickly. At this stage you should really get a professional consultation set up to find the best options for you.

Vote:
That must be so frustrating. You should definitely have a complete exam done and ask for a treatment plan. This will outline all of the work that you need and give you a cost estimate. There are many cosmetic treatments for improving the appearance of your teeth but you want to treat the infections first so you can get out of pain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vote:

Ask a Question