need some advice on fillings crowns ect.

After having my first round of fillings go bad in about a year and having further decay i decided to get insurance and start taking care of my dental issues the new dentist i went to who is highly recommended told me he wanted to do fillings and no crowns i wasnt sure about this becuase of my previous experience but chose to trust him i have had four fillings done now and its bad i can see exactly where they are and just like the last time there is a black line where the tooth meets the filling i dont think i should have to settle for this i feel like it could be better so here is what im wondering
is it possible that my teeth somehow are unable to accept fillings?
should i tell the dentist what i want or trust his professional opinion?
and is there a fix for my decay or am i doomed to have horrible teeth for the rest of my life?

1. unlikely
2. Both, but more so conveying your expectations
3. New decay can be prevented by brushing and flossing after meals, using a fluoride containing toothpaste, and an alcohol free mouthwash with fluoride

Vote:

Ask a Question