Need Dental Insurance

Hello!

I currently do not have dental insurance and I'm looking to get some! I feel overwhelmed with how many different options there are and I honestly don't really know what to look for/ what would be best for me.

Little background:
I am 22 and a part time student and worker so I'm on a budget. I need my wisdom teeth removed and was hoping that I could get braces/invisalign in the future. It's been a loooong time since I've been to the dentist so I'm definitely due for a check up. I'm pretty sure I have a cavity so there's a lot that I need to catch up on before the wisdom teeth/braces.

What should I look for in a good plan that is able to help me out with all of the things that I am looking for?

Pleas help! THANKS!

Zuri Barniv

Verified Dentist
In my experience, there is no dental insurance you can get privately that makes any financial sense if you plan to use it at a good quality dental office. You are better off paying cash and asking for a cash discount or something equivalent. The insurance companies make it really complicated to understand and make it look like everything will be covered....and it is, but only if you go to specific dentists on their list. Otherwise, they pay close to nothing and certainly less than your premium over a year. Also, I would NOT recommend dentists on their "list", because in many cases, those practices have lots of "problems" that we can discuss as a different topic.

Vote:

Ask a Question