Need Definitions Please

Hi,
I have a question about my insurance and in hopes of someone clearing up some terms for me to understand. My insurance provider like many others say they do not cover implants, yet no one at my provider can tell me what the following statements mean that I found under my Fee Schedule's codes:

"autogenous connective tissue graft procedure, per first tooth, implant or endentulous tooth position in graft"

and another that states:

"autogenous connective tissue graft procedure - each additional contiguous tooth, implant or edentulous tooth"

Of course just wishing, hoping here, but thought I should ask. Thanks for any help.

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Autogenous (your own); connective tissue (supporting skin); graft (well, graft); per first tooth... (for first tooth or implant, or missing tooth). The second phrase is almost the same, but contiguous means for next-door teeth, implant, or missing tooth position. They usually pay a higher amount for the first graft, then a lower amount (a step-down) for a graft that is bigger and goes to adjacent spaces. Autogenous just means they've taken it from somewhere else in your body.

Vote:

Ask a Question