Need advice on a bad situation

Hi,

Posted something about oral surgery, but it's valid here and could badly use advice...

My trouble started 20 years ago. I developed hyper sensitivity allergies to things and became scared to do the things needed for my health. Shortly after a bottom molar cracked in half. I've literally lived with it for almost 20 years, never seeing the dentist and chewing on one side. I almost had it worked on, but didn't. Terrible decision.

About 2 years ago my top wisdom tooth on the other side broke in half. I lived with that as it didn't cause much pain. About 4 months ago while eating the majority of the wisdom tooth fell out. I can feel just a tip of the outer part of the tooth in a few spots. At first it was a bit hole and how I can feel skin in the middle of the hole (not sure if it's a swollen nerve or what. It didn't hurt for the first month, but I've had some pain recently.

To make things much worse, I have a heart valve issue and overall am not in great shape.

At this point I've got myself into a position that I don't know how to get out of. I always sort of thought I could have the tooth(s) extracted if needed, but with the wisdom tooth now below the gum I'm guessing it's now major surgery.
I'm in such bad mental shape it literally feels like I can either struggle along as is until a complication kills me or risk my life by dealing with the dentist/surgery.

Overall thoughts/worries:
  • So much wrong with my mouth, where would they start?
  • Fear I couldn't survive going completely under anesthesia instead of a local, but pretty sure they'll need to put me under for the wisdom tooth issue
  • No idea how they'll get my cracked wisdom tooth out
  • Can't imagine dealing with my heart issue though surgery (if that's needed) before handling my teeth, BUT I can't imagine doing he reverse either
Sorry for the long post. I know there's not an easy answer, but would appreciate some input.

And if nothing else this might be a great lesson for those putting stuff off. If only I had gone years ago.

The amount of trouble I've gone through to get around the dentist is unbelievable vs just going 18 years ago. So dumb.

Oh boy...

ea how they'll get my cracked wisdom tooth out

I would suggest that you research dental experts in your area. A professional will be knowledgeable about what to do for the condition of your wisdom teeth. Removing wisdom teeth is possible, cracked or not, and it does take some recovery time.

If you do not receive treatment for these teeth, it could lead to further infections that will cause you some pain, and it may be contributing to the pain you are experiencing now.

As for your heart condition, there are a variety of sedation methods that aren't as serious as full anesthesia. For example, laughing gas is used in most wisdom tooth removal procedures. IV sedation and conscious sedation are other methods that may work for you.

Vote:

Ask a Question