Need advice on 4 tooth bridge options

Hello

During my youth I had a serious injury to my front teeth.

On a slide accident, my front teeth were pushed into my nasal cavity.

Currently I have a front bridge that encompasses, a root canal and post in #10 tooth, a root canal and post in #9 tooth, # 8 tooth root removed, and a root canal and post in #7 tooth.

I have had ongoing issues throughout the years, around 7 years ago #9 tooth went abscess with considerable pain and swelling.

Once puss broke loose and it healed, the whole post system was replace, due to the infection I lost some bone tissue.

Currently I have a conic infection in the gum in front of #9 tooth. I am periodically on penicillin to keep it in check.

Additionally, #7 tooth has become prone to chronic infection due to the fact a larger than necessary post was used and it has compromised the tooth root wall.

I have visited a pedodontist, with 3d scans being done.

I have been advised to remove the root of #9 tooth and #7.

Due to bone loss they want to use cadaver bone, to rebuild the tissue and once healed, use implants for the bases of a 4 tooth bridge.

While I travel a lot to the USA, I currently live in Canada, and am having trouble getting action taken on my issue.

My question’s are;

1: are their alternative dental practices that would allow for removal of the bridge, keeping the roots, and let the tissue heal, and replace the bridge and post system?

2) In regards if an implant is imminent; Is it safe to use cadaver bone replacement, why wouldn't they use my own tissue?

3) I’ve see news articles and research that using pigs bladder powder would assist in tissue regeneration; would this assist my situation and do you have any information on this?

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Ask a Question