Mystery Tooth pains

I was hoping some keen minds could help me out, as I seem to have a mystery issue which 6 of the dentists I've seen cannot figure out. I'm getting very depressed and feel like no one is taking me seriously.

About a month after I had my 2nd upper molar removed, I starting getting shooting aches in random teeth at random times. Over a week they settled into a pattern of discomfort along my front uppers, this over the last week has also started up in my molars. My bite feels off, one sides uppers and lowers meet but the other side doesn't. But each side switches throughout the day. I have now also starting getting aching and sounds from my jaw just in front of the ears and running round the back bottom part of the jaw. I also get pain under the cheekbones on the front. I have been on 3 courses of various antibiotics.

So far 2 dentist's have said they can't find anything wrong, the other four have guessed;
  • Just needs cleaning
  • Sinusitius
  • TMJ
  • Wisdom teeth (I only have bottom ones, tops never happened)

Most of the aching starts just after I wake up and then gets worse throughout the day before clearing up a bit in the evening. Occasionally I even get phantom pain from the missing molar.

I would be forever grateful if someone could figure this out, or has had something similar

Why did you go to 6 dentists to look into this? Wasn't one enough??...I have been experiencing similar (but not exactly the same issues).
I have an appointment with a dentist next week.

Vote:
Sound similar to my past experience .

My Maxilofacial surgeon suggest me first an OPG xray , than He get me into CBCT than he also had an MRI PNS done .

Than my mysterious pain issue solved by him .

Consult someone cronofacial pain expert

Recovery time for me was almost 5 months after my Maxilofacial surgeon treatment , for the time being after treatment i had to be in medicine like TRYPTOMER 10MG for 30 days, ACCELOFENEC 100MG for 5 days daily 2 and daily 3 antibiotics tablet for first 5 days .

Vote:

Ask a Question