My tongue feels like it’s burning, discomfort

Tonight after eating dinner (macaroni) , I noticed my tongue was white it could be because of the type of stuff I eat macaroni, yogurt and dairy which usually gives me a whiteness. I am paranoid of oral thrush though as my doctor recently thought I had that and my dentist said when she seen me, she seen no signs anyways since I am scared of developing again if I did have thrush! Tonight I panicked and then applied mint toothpaste to the tongue, rinsed and rinsed then I got my electric toothbrush and brushed my tongue a few times and lots of rinsing.
I now feel like my tongue is burning, blistery and feels slight discomfort. I feel if I was to eat anything hot then I’d be screwed. I’m wondering if it’s because I brushed too hard? As I was fine before dinner. I have attached a pic. I do wonder if my tongue will ever go back to normal and what this could be?

Attachments

• BE15559B-3CBC-4331-B657-7BBCBFF50440.jpeg
    BE15559B-3CBC-4331-B657-7BBCBFF50440.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 77

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Your tongue looks normal and fortunately it heals very quickly due to efficient blood supply. Usually for oral thrush, there are the 4 Ds: Drugs, Diabetes, Debilitating, Dentures. If you are fairly healthy and are not taking many medications, your body usually fights off thrush.

Vote:
Your tongue looks normal and fortunately it heals very quickly due to efficient blood supply. Usually for oral thrush, there are the 4 Ds: Drugs, Diabetes, Debilitating, Dentures. If you are fairly healthy and are not taking many medications, your body usually fights off thrush.
I regularly get vaginal thrush, which was a huge concern. No antibiotics in a while and current medication seems to be Fluconazole for below but no luck with it clearing. Even though I have this issue below should I be fine mouth wise? Is there a way to prevent? And tongue still feeling rough/blistery today would you advise not to brush the tongue an avoid hot foods or? :)

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
What medical conditions do you have? You may have something debilitating. Take plenty of probiotics and eat lots of yogurt if you can. Your body has natural flora of bacteria and fungus. They are competitors for your body's natural resources. If fungus seems to be winning, replenish your body's beneficial bacteria (probiotics). What does your physician say about your condition(s)?

Vote:
What medical conditions do you have? You may have something debilitating. Take plenty of probiotics and eat lots of yogurt if you can. Your body has natural flora of bacteria and fungus. They are competitors for your body's natural resources. If fungus seems to be winning, replenish your body's beneficial bacteria (probiotics). What does your physician say about your condition(s)?
I had Juvenile Arthritis as a child and current conditions are Fibro and EDS Hypermobility. The doctors can’t get to the bottom of the reoccurring thrush issue, have had it for months or if I clear it comes back. I am currently taking a probiotic and trying to eat and drink kefir daily. They ruled out diabetes but I feel something else is going on :(

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It is very tricky that you may be suffering from an autoimmune condition. Usually to treat it, the doctors may put you on some suppression agents. However, that compromises your body to fight off infections. The doctors aren't mind readers so try to provide as much information about your body's responses as possible.

Vote:
It is very tricky that you may be suffering from an autoimmune condition. Usually to treat it, the doctors may put you on some suppression agents. However, that compromises your body to fight off infections. The doctors aren't mind readers so try to provide as much information about your body's responses as possible.
I believe it’s autoimmune related, especially with raised inflammatory markers. I’m constantly at my GP and they’re scratching their heads too ss they don’t know what is wrong. Rheumatology saiid bloods were fine!

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Your GP may have to manage the lesser evils and treat the more serious. Autoimmune conditions if left unchecked can cause a lot of damage. Discuss with your GP all the details you're experiencing and treat the most serious.

Vote:

Ask a Question