My molar tooth has a hole or something

I have a very sensitive molar on the right side of my jaws. it is sensitive to cold, hot liquids and sometimes to touch. I have tried to use toothpastes recommended by my dentist for sensitive teeth but it's getting worse. I think it may be wearing off slowly or has a microscopic crack/hole.
What is the most appropriate remedy for such a tooth- extraction, root canal, filling? I think I should go for an xray or something. Somebody there has an answer to this- shoot before it grows taller than its brothers!

As per your description can be a possibility of the decay reaching pulp/ nerve endings thereby giving rise to sharp pain at times. In such cases any contact with hot/cold food/beverages also gives rise to sharp pain. A tooth which hurts when exposed to cold for a longer period of time(say more than 15 seconds) or hot, is a classical symptom of pulp involvement. Your best course of action will be to seek a dentist’s advice as soon as possible who can decide the treatment plan after taking an x-ray of the involved tooth. Avoid eating, hot, spicy and hard food. Don’t brush hard or chew hard foods from that area.Keep that area as clean as possible. Try using special toothpastes instead of normal tooth pastes called sensitivity toothpaste. Use it daily with warm water (don’t use hot water) to brush your teeth. These tooth pastes contain special components which block the dentinal tubules (on teeth) that cause pain and provide relief.I hope this helps!

Vote:

Ask a Question