My inner cheek has white lines

Hi, im new around here and I really wanted to know what's the meaning behind the white line (looks like it's separating the upper and lower cheek) on both of my left and right inner cheek.

I have pain on my wisdom tooth (I will provide a picture of it) because I believe the gum covering it isn't retracting properly. I googled it and they say its a sign of cancer. I don't want to be the dude who believes everything google say so I went here to ask.

Does anyone know what it is or experienced it? Is it just bite marks produced by my mouth adjusting to not use the side (left lower wisdom tooth) where pain is? Is it really a sign of mouth cancer (since it appears at both sides whereas only the lower left wisdom tooth hurts)?

Attachments

• IMG_20180521_224758.jpg
    IMG_20180521_224758.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 5,704

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It's nothing like cancer. It's a common condition technically called, "linea alba", or white line. It's simply where your teeth meet and is of no concern. It's more obvious in some people than others. Dr Google fails another test! :)

Vote:
It's nothing like cancer. It's a common condition technically called, "linea alba", or white line. It's simply where your teeth meet and is of no concern. It's more obvious in some people than others. Dr Google fails another test! :)
Thankyou for clearing that shroud up, MattKW! I hope people who had same concerns like mine sees this. Thanks and will do more research onto it

Vote:

Ask a Question