My dentist won't pull my wisdom teeth

I went to the dentist today because my bottom wisdom teeth are coming through. The left one has made my gum very sore and is only just starting to get better although it's still tender and painful sometimes. The right side is partially through but looks as if it's coming in at a slight angle towards the other tooth. They're not very painful now at all and the only difficult thing at the moment is cleaning them. I just hope I'm doing a well enough job. I've managed this far with no infection fingers crossed. My dentist said they don't remove them unless I've had 2 infections which I'm pretty annoyed about. Is it possible that they'll be okay and the right side will straighten up abit? She said there isn't enough room for them and they might misalign my bottom teeth a bit but I can get retainers if so. I don't know what to do, I can't live off mashed potato all my life and I can't live in fear waiting for an infection.

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Are you in the UK? They follow the NICE Guidelines there which are IMHO too conservative about wisdom teeth. They won't misalign your lower front teeth (a myth), so no need to get retainers. Get them out if you can somewhere else.

Vote:

Ask a Question