MRI of the brain causes pressure in teeth

A few hours ago i had a MR and MRI of my brain, and during the scan, 2 of my teeth that i had fixed with filling started to develop pressure, it felt like they where going to explode. After the scan, the pressure is still there and it hurts. Should i worry about it?

Could my teeth die because of it?

when were the fillings done?
By pressure do you mean pain? & has that ever happened before?
The fillings where done a few years ago.
It was a pressure while the MRI was being done (it wasn't just a MRI, it was also something called an MR, idk what it stands for, the machine was pretty loud while it was being done). Right now i feel a dull ache in my tooth and sometimes pain. Nothing unbearable for now

Vote:
Magnetic pulses from MRI can sometimes disturb roots which have a latent infection. Old silver amalgams are most likely to become a bit sensitive. Take couple of pain killers it should be fine in a day or so.

Vote:
Magnetic pulses from MRI can sometimes disturb roots which have a latent infection. Old silver amalgams are most likely to become a bit sensitive. Take couple of pain killers it should be fine in a day or so.
Hmmm... well, after i had those teeth fixed, they still kinda hurt sometimes, so could it be that my dentist didn't do that good of a job and that that is the reason for the pressure during the MRI?

Vote:

Ask a Question