Mouthwash question.

Obviously by my name i only started brushing/flossing my mouth recently and afterwards i would use mouthwash and then rinse it out with water. recently i was told that it reduces the effects of mouthwash so i now do not rinse and im wondering what are the effects of swallowing the residual mouthwash in your mouth like 2 to 3 mins after you have spat out the mouthwash. i am aware that its pretty safe swallowing small amounts of mouthwash but does it have any effects after swallowing a small residual amount every day and every night.

Tips for mouthwash:
*Dilute If Necessary - Be sure to read the label on any brand of mouthwash that you choose. Different brands have different concentrations, and some may recommend that you dilute them with water. Remember, if the label does not tell you to dilute, then you may not get the full benefit of the mouth wash if the germ killing ingredients are at a lower level.

*Mouthwash is not a replacement - It is essential to remember that no mouthwash is a replacement for the regular oral care routine of twice-daily brushing and daily flossing. So, even if your dentist recommends or prescribes a mouthwash, you still need to follow your complete oral care routine to maintain good dental health.

*Watch The Clock - One of the keys to using mouthwash correctly is to swish it in your mouth for the correct amount of time. Read the product label. Most mouthwashes recommend that you swish the product around in your mouth for 30 seconds to one minute then spit it out.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Tips for mouthwash:
*Dilute If Necessary - Be sure to read the label on any brand of mouthwash that you choose. Different brands have different concentrations, and some may recommend that you dilute them with water. Remember, if the label does not tell you to dilute, then you may not get the full benefit of the mouth wash if the germ killing ingredients are at a lower level.

*Mouthwash is not a replacement - It is essential to remember that no mouthwash is a replacement for the regular oral care routine of twice-daily brushing and daily flossing. So, even if your dentist recommends or prescribes a mouthwash, you still need to follow your complete oral care routine to maintain good dental health.

*Watch The Clock - One of the keys to using mouthwash correctly is to swish it in your mouth for the correct amount of time. Read the product label. Most mouthwashes recommend that you swish the product around in your mouth for 30 seconds to one minute then spit it out.
Is this a bot?

Vote:

Ask a Question