Mouth cancer?

705BA4AE-5539-46FD-96F5-268729DD3864.jpeg
I have had this (painless) ulcer on my gum for approx 6 months and it won’t heal. I think it has been growing in size lately. It bleeds very easily, especially after brushing my teeth.

Today I visited a dentist. It didn’t look suspicious to her (even though it hasn’t healed within 6 months?), she refused to take a biopsy and claimed that I probably brush my teeth too hard. That’s not the case. I’m worried about this ulcer. My grandmother died from mouth cancer and my mother was diagnosed with advanced lung cancer last month. What should I do?

(Btw, those brown spots on my teeth result from mouthwash.)

28BE9744-A3AD-4F8A-9CEE-FCCEA5355E95.jpeg
Sometimes the ulcer seems to almost disappear but the area still looks somewhat weird and whitish and even a tiny poke reopens it. Can mouth cancer behave like this?

(I took this photo today.)

Vote:
FCCF6EA6-35C5-40AF-9588-1E526D96EB06.jpeg
This it what it looks like atm (no visible ulcer).

I have to wait at least a month before I can get a new appointment.

Last edited:

Vote:

I double-checked with multiple photos and believe there is no need to be concerned. It is always preferable to seek expert advice.​

Please check this link which I got randomly from google​

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Cancer doesn't come and go. I believe (no x-rays to reference) there may be a wisdom tooth under or the top wisdom tooth/back molar may be irritating it during chewing.

Vote:
CAF54AA3-3817-46DF-8E22-992E2C675560.jpeg

Cancer doesn't come and go. I believe (no x-rays to reference) there may be a wisdom tooth under or the top wisdom tooth/back molar may be irritating it during chewing.
Thank you for your response. I don’t have wisdom teeth and my upper back molars have been removed (irreversible pulpitis and necrosis caused by a severe malocclusion). Therefore, it can’t be trauma from the opposing teeth.

I have noticed that there are three or more yellow-white bumps on my gum. Are they Fordyce spots or something else?

Vote:

Ask a Question