Molar Dental Implant Does Not Look Good

New dental implant does not look exactly like a tooth. There is a gap between the cusp and the gum line. From the cusp, the crown curves inwards toward the gum line. So it is kind of like the tooth top is there, but tapers towards the gum line. Almost like it was not made correctly to meet up with gum and look natural.
Was this done correctly or should I look to have it replaced. It is in the back, so not noticeable. But I'm concerned with food getting trapped between implant crown and the gum.
The implant is the #14 (I think) - second tooth in from back.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 446
It looks bad! I agree with @DanyRoden, better go back to your dental implant surgeon. Implants should be placed as if it's natural teeth. In your case the gap is really noticesable and it may really affect the neighboring teeth as the food that trapped there can cause tooth decay. Where you had your implants? and what type of implants you dentist used?

Vote:

Ask a Question