Missed cavities on X-Ray???

I went to the dentist yesterday convinced that I had a few pretty bad cavities due to the fact that it's been 6 years since my last visit. My teeth have also been very sensitive to sweets and cold temperatures...specifically 2 teeth. I had X-rays taken of my teeth and according to those, I only had 4 very small cavities in between teeth. I mentioned the issues I've been having with my teeth to my dentist but she didn't seemed too concerned. After my appointment I also realized that my dentist never actually looked at my teeth...just the X-Ray. And the Hygenist didn't even bother looking/cleaning in the pits of my molars. Is it possible for cavities to not show up in an X-Ray? I've attached pictures of what I believe are cavities in my teeth. If someone could look at them and give me their opinion, that would be great! Thanks!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    576.6 KB · Views: 507
  • image.png
    image.png
    724.8 KB · Views: 477
By viewing your snap I can say it’s a case of cavity but as a doctor I have to analyse you live in order to detect your oral problem. Dentists use x-rays to find cavities, abscesses, and pathology of the teeth and jawbone. X-rays show small cavities that would not be visible until they had gotten very large. The treatment for small cavities is usually easier and more economical than treatment for large cavities. X-rays may also show the beginnings of an abscessed tooth that has not yet begun to hurt. Detecting early abscessed teeth on x-rays can prevent future pain in a tooth. X-rays may also show cysts and tumours around teeth. Found early, the treatment is usually less involved. Your dentist will advise you when x-rays are necessary.

Vote:

Ask a Question