misplaced implants?

I had two implants done (tooth no. 3 and 4) on 1/6/18, with sinus lift and bone grafting. Before the implants were put in, I had one tooth (no. 4, only the root remaining at the time) extracted in the same session. The other tooth had been missing for 3 or 4 years. The oral surgeon had one post in the hole where the root of no. 4 just came out. No. 4 was angled. The end result is the two posts are close to each other and close to the neighboring molar, but further from the much smaller premolar. The two posts are straight, parallel to each other. My concern is if the crowns are put on (if there's a way to make that happen), they won't be centered on the posts. Also note that no. 3 is much larger than no. 4. So even if they manage to put the crowns on, it won't last (I assume), because the crowns would be imbalanced on the posts. I'm attaching the x-ray here (showing teeth no.2 to no. 5 from left to right). It doesn't seem there's enough space for the crown for no. 3, and the post for no. 4 would be outside of its crown area. Is this a bad enough job that needs to be undone, or should I go ahead with the abutments and crowns? I will greatly appreciate your thoughts and insights. Thanks a lot!
xray.jpg

Your implants look very nice, don't be worried. The fact that the implants aren't perfectly centered is not an issue and corrected at the time of restoration. Generally, 1-2 mm deviation is not an issue and your restorative dentist will correct this deviation later. Your crowns will work out just fine and last a long time. So long as the implants are not moving or infected, you should be in good shape!

Vote:

Ask a Question