Messed Up Teeth

So I am a 20 y/o male undergoing my orthodontic treatment as of now. However, I realised that my dentist (do note not a orthodontist) has not made any major improvements to the overall aesthetics of my teeth. I am not sure if i'm being paranoid or do I have an issue to be worried about. My concerns are as follows:

(a) my central incisor has been rotated about 10 degrees ever since January and nothing has been done to fix that. My dentist placed a wire with a metal band (instead of a normal rubber band) to fasten it to the wire. However, nothing has significantly changed. Do I need to be worried or is there something that I can advice her to do about it?

(b) I was naturally born without a lateral incisor as seen in the attached photos. However, my current dentist proposed closing the original gaps that I have (which is my current state) and to insert in a resin-bonded bridge to the adjacent teeth. However, I have my own reservations about that (i.e. natural discolourations and the possibility of the teeth looking fake or too small). Even an implant is definitey off the list because the space is too small, and I have insufficient dental bone at that specific area. I actually went to seek a second opinion and the dentist there told me that my best method for moving forward is to seek a orthodontist, which would most likely suggest to me extracting 2 pre-molars on the upper and possibly none or 1 on the bottom, and use braces to close the gaps without the need to have a bridge/implant. I am currently extremely confused and lost as to what to do and I hope I could get some help here.

Thanks.

image.jpg
image.jpg

In your case I really suggest you seek for a second opinion and on an orthodontist. Based on what you said your teeth is really messed up and that Gap is really noticeable. You should look for qualified orthodontist, some general dentist can refer you to an orthodontist but now ask more details. You should know and ask what will be the outcome of the procedure they will be doing and what are risks. Good luck to you.

Vote:

Ask a Question