Mark on my front tooth. Advise please

8F4A2DA0-93F9-4B7C-BD36-CC1B02C22C5F.jpeg
I grind my teeth in my sleep and am due to pick up a mouth guard next week. However I have woken up on a lot of pain with my front tooth and have this mark on the bottom? Is it possible to bruise a tooth? Is it something I need to see a dentist about before Tuesday at an emergency/on call? The mark wasn’t there last night and the tooth was very tender this morning when brushing. Is had got less painful as the day has gone on. Please see picture it is the bottom of the right front tooth

Solutions
Yes you can bruise a tooth and I've done it numerous times with a front tooth that's crowned & root filled. It can be very sore for a few days but then it's like it never happened. I don't know what colour it would be if live, but I'm sure there's nothing that can't wait until you see the dentist on tuesday. I'm sure that the worst that can happen is they may need to crown it.

It's really great that you are getting a mouth guard, it should give you great relief. Make sure you wear it every single night - you don't want to lose your teeth when it's so easy to prevent!

Vote:

Ask a Question