Lumps in mouth

Ad

Advertisements

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Best answers
Bilateral lumps are usually anatomic. The bump next to your upper molar are called Stensen's duct. The red spot may be from trauma.

Best answers
I didn’t have these lumps earlier. Also I have got lumps near lower molars as well on both sides of the cheek. So do you see anything abnormal with the Stensen duct? I m sure they were not this large earlier.the lumps are painless and have been there for 3 weeks not healing. Is there anything I need to be concerned about or could these be because of dehydration or vitamin deficiency? Are these contagious?

Best answers
Bilateral lumps are usually anatomic. The bump next to your upper molar are called Stensen's duct. The red spot may be from trauma.
didn’t have these lumps earlier. Also I have got lumps near lower molars as well on both sides of the cheek. So do you see anything abnormal with the Stensen duct? I m sure they were not this large earlier.the lumps are painless and have been there for 3 weeks not healing. Is there anything I need to be concerned about or could these be because of dehydration or vitamin deficiency? Are these contagious?

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Best answers
Honestdoc is correct, they are the openings to Stensen's ducts. Sometimes they can get a bit damaged when eating and swollen and hence more noticeable, but there is nothing wrong.

Ad

Advertisements

Ad

Advertisements

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Best answers
I'm not seeing anything abnormal from the images. I can't explain how or why you noticed them about 3 weeks ago other than you may be stressed or focused and may be sucking your cheek in and rubbing against your lower molars while in thought.

Ask a Question