Lump releasing pus near a root canal treated tooth with a crown

I need your advise. I always had gum inflammation and bleeding but around a week back a red lump suddenly appeared near a tooth that had root canal treatment and crown since around 20 years. When i press the gum pus is coming from the lump. Went to periodontist and he said a surgery is needed to open the gum for 3 teeth and it would cost around 1200 AUD. He did not want to give me antibiotics and I am trying home treatments like salt and baking soda rinse, garlic over the lump,... nothing seems to be working. There is no pain only I became obsessed with this lump and am afraid the infection will spread.What shall I do?

Attachments

• Inkeddental_LI.jpg
    Inkeddental_LI.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 381
You have an infection. Go back to your dentist. That type of infection will only get worse and can lead to serious health problems. Oral infections can get in to your pericardium and cause heart inflammation. PleSe seek help. Salt water rinse will not make that go away. Garlic will only ward off vampires, I’m afraid. Good luck to you.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Why did you go to the periodontist? Were you referred or just go of your own volition? Do you have any Xrays? Home treatments will do nothing.

Vote:

Ask a Question