Lump inside cheek- concerned

Looking for advice, getting myself pretty worried about this lump that is present at the very back of my cheek. My dentist is a close friend and I am reluctant for some reason to go to her with this. It has been present for at least 3 weeks probably longer. Painless, doesn’t change size goes red when touched... would really appreciate advice it’s all I’m thinking about.

Attachments

• FC2A02C7-30D5-4A27-98BE-AD30792A6AB2.jpeg
    FC2A02C7-30D5-4A27-98BE-AD30792A6AB2.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 3,979

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Looking for advice, getting myself pretty worried about this lump that is present at the very back of my cheek. My dentist is a close friend and I am reluctant for some reason to go to her with this. It has been present for at least 3 weeks probably longer. Painless, doesn’t change size goes red when touched... would really appreciate advice it’s all I’m thinking about.
Good day.

There are various possibilities for that lesion being present. It is best to go to a dentist, even if not your friend, to get it checked out. Depending on the angle of the photo, it could be a opening of a duct of your salivary gland ( stenson's duct), which is a normal anatomical feature, and it might be that you only focused on it now. This feature is usually bilateral, although in your photo, it is situated a bit more to the back than one would usually suspect.
Another possibility could be that is maybe related to a previous trauma like cheek biting, that you did not realise or a sharp piece of filling or tooth that is irritating a piece of your cheek tissue.
It is very difficult to judge from a photo alone without a proper clinical examination.
Observe the lesion.
If it becomes painful or enlarges, it is important to go and let it be checked out.
If not, you can always mention it during your next routine dental visit.

Vote:

Ask a Question