LR7 tooth fracture- Need expert advice

nmj

I am told that I have tooth fracture and extraction is the only way. I am bit worried. Initially I had tremendous pain in the tooth whenever I was eating or drinking. But with temp filling and the use of brufen pain has subsided. I am not taking anything hot or cold at the moment for precaution. There are sudden start of pain at night, but after I take brufen it stops. I am attaching Xrays, is it possible I can evade extraction or the fracture is too severe? Expert recommendation will be appreciated. In the Xray, its the bottom first tooth from left.

Attachments

• Molar 3.jpg
    Molar 3.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 86
  • Molar1.jpg
    Molar1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 102
  • Molar2.jpg
    Molar2.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 107

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
How does the tooth responds to cold? If it responds to cold sensitive of short duration, then the nerve is still good. Do you have any swelling? If no swelling, you don't need to extract. I notice some cavities on adjacent teeth. I would cut back on any sweet/acidic/creamy beverages if you can to minimize further damage to your teeth.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I agree with honestdoc. Just also remember, trying to medicate away a problem instead of treating the cause, might lead to other problems such as a stomache ulcer with excessive Ibuprofen.

Vote:

nmj

After the filling, the tooth responds to cold sensitive for short duration. I can eat soft stuff but I feel sudden start of pain at night but subsides after I take Ibubrufen. As mentioned, I dont want to take too much ibubrufen. Whats the solution, can I have your opinion please as the doctor just wants to remove the teeth.

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Cold sensitive of short duration indicates vital nerve (root canal). The dentist needs to find the source of pain at night. Sounds like you may not be on the same page as your dentist and may need to get a different opinion. If the source of pain is LR6 (#30), then you can have a root canal, core filling, crown to save the tooth or extraction.

Vote:

Ask a Question