Lower wisdom tooth extraction fear

Hey there,
I want to start by telling that I have a huge dental phobia :( Keeping that in mind, it seems that time has come to extract my lower left wisdom tooth because of the decay it has.

I had both upper ones out last year, both where fully erupted and came out in under 2 minutes with no pain and complications :)

My lower one is also fully erupted with 2 straight roots judging from the x-ray, but reading all the horror stories on the internet that lower ones are much much harder than upper ones I am feeling really terrified.

What is the chance my lower wizzy can be yanked out as any normal tooth without any surgical procedures?

I am attaching a x-ray picture for better visual evaluation

Thanks
Midwinter

tooth.jpg

The fact that your tooth is fully erupted should help. You must keep in mind that it's impossible to predict how an extraction will turn out. Each tooth and each extraction is different. It looks like you have good bone support around the tooth and the roots are spread apart, so it may take more than two minutes to get it out, but hopefully not much more than that. Good luck.

Vote:
The key to coping with dental fear is to discuss your fears with your dentist. Once your dentist knows what your fears are, he or she will be better able to work with you to determine the best ways to make you less anxious and more comfortable. If your dentist doesn't take your fear seriously, find another dentist.

Vote:

Ask a Question