Lower left jaw feels sore and swollen near the tooth root and under the ears

Hi,
I have posted a query regarding my recent filling. Here is the link.

https://www.dentistry-forums.com/th...ng-which-side-of-the-tooth.24778/#post-123259

I went back to my dentist last week to check if I really need to redo the fillings. He did an x-ray and said those fillings are very very shallow and doesn't even look like I have fillings on that tooth in the x-ray. He checked for bite and adjusted my bite on lower tooth where the fillings are done and also adjacent lower tooth too. And told me to tell watch for 2 weeks. I was fine the next day and sometimes I got the sharp pain while biting/chewing(sometimes on upper side and sometimes on lower side too)and left jaw under the ears started hurting. It feels sore when I touch under my ears and looks like little swollen lump. I just don't want to go back to the dentist and thought of wait and watch.

I had the same discomfort or the soreness in the left jaw side and under the ears for past 5 days. Today morning I see a small lump which looks like swollen under my tooth root.its near the tooth number 18 and 19. Not sure which tooth exactly. It feel sore to touch and looks like hard lump. Near the bottom cheek area.
I touched both the tooth by giving some pressure and there is no pain. I feel the sore lump feeling like swollen. It's under those tooth and also near the jaw under the ears. It feels so sore. Whenever I eat food, it feels so sore and very sensitive to the first bite though. I get the sharp pain on the left jaw side for the first bite and it goes off.

What should I do? I am so freaking out now. Should I go back to the dentist? What could be the reason for the small swelling? Please help.

I just called up my dentist today and they were not able to for me in.

They just told me to do same water rinse and take ibprufen.

I have to wait for them to call back. There is a small swelling on the tooth root and sharp pain near jaws and under the ears.

Vote:
Just an update
I got call from my dentist office today morning and they asked me to come for a filling redo next week. I told them that I have something like hard lump on the skin outerside and I would like to check it out. I was already in the Urgent care when they called me up.
Since I have sharp pain under ears and jawline, I went to the urgent Care to rule out any ear infection and Dr said everything fine and she said lump looks hard and it might be an access and asked me to check with dentist.

Went back to dentist office today and told about the hard lump. They did take another x-ray and said there is no infection around there.

The dentist also said that I may try redoing the filling as that may be the reason for the issues on the left side jaw. Redoing the filling scheduled after 2 weeks.
He also checked my bite today and did some bite adjustments. Last Wednesday I went for a dental visit for the issue in the left side of the mouth around the filling areas and he did take an x-ray and did some bite adjustments.

I am so so worried now if too much bite adjustments are really good enough and solve the issue?

Also, it was another dentist today in the office(not the same dentist who did my fillings and all those previous bite adjustments). He said he wanna do a paranomic dental x-ray. So, I also had taken that today. He said that panaromic x-ray looks fine and normal.

I came home and feel the tooth is so sharp when I run through the tongue. Is that normal? Will it go off on its own after few brushing? Do I need to go back ?

Vote:

Ask a Question