Lower front tooth feel sensitivity after eating hot food. What helps.

Solutions
Hi,
I was eating some hot meal today. It was so hot and I always eat warm or normal temperature food. Today it was very hot and it was a soft meal. So I was eating and swallowing it hot. After the meal, I felt sensitivity on lower front tooth. #25,#26. It was there for a second like sharp sensitivity and goes off. After that, I felt some soreness or discomfort on that tooth and gum area. Is this normal to have sensitivity like this? I don't have any cavities on that tooth. Will this sensitivity repeat or persists? I would like to know what does it indicates and what helps? Please share your thoughts.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day,

Every single tooth has nerve tissue on the inside. If you exposed the tooth to certain temperatures, hot or cold, and this exceeds what is " normal ", the nerve can get damaged. This damage can be reversible and take some time to get back to normal or it can be irreversible, in which case dental intervention will be required.
It is also possible that the hot food actually damaged the gum in that area as well, and thus it feels like the teeth are sore, but in reality the gum was damaged.
My advice would be to avoid food that is too hot. This could lead to soft tissue damage as well as damage to your teeth.
You can rinse with some luke warm salt water and give the area at least a week to heal. If it doesn't get back to normal, arrange a consultation with your dentist.

Vote:
Solutions
Adding my recent x-rays.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200809-123820__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20200809-123820__01.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 80
  • Webp.net-resizeimage (7).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage (7).jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Optimized-20200615_287852366570_oL48_NATARAJAN^GIRIJA_MN05_MP07_031 (1).JPG
    Optimized-20200615_287852366570_oL48_NATARAJAN^GIRIJA_MN05_MP07_031 (1).JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 75

Vote:
Solutions
Good day,

Every single tooth has nerve tissue on the inside. If you exposed the tooth to certain temperatures, hot or cold, and this exceeds what is " normal ", the nerve can get damaged. This damage can be reversible and take some time to get back to normal or it can be irreversible, in which case dental intervention will be required.
It is also possible that the hot food actually damaged the gum in that area as well, and thus it feels like the teeth are sore, but in reality the gum was damaged.
My advice would be to avoid food that is too hot. This could lead to soft tissue damage as well as damage to your teeth.
You can rinse with some luke warm salt water and give the area at least a week to heal. If it doesn't get back to normal, arrange a consultation with your dentist.
Thank you @Dr M. Appreciate it.
I have attached my recent x-rays too.

Vote:

Ask a Question