Loose Permanent Tooth

Hi all.

I'm really worried right now. It's been over a week since I got the braces removed from my top teeth.

One tooth in particular, my upper left front tooth, #8, has been really sensitive for about 4 months now. I always assumed it was related to the braces. Even when I still had the braces on the tooth felt odd, a little loose even. I thought it was just related to my teeth being adjusted.

Well, now the tooth is still sensitive and it's hurting. Last Thursday night I started to notice it feeling loose. I can't even touch the tooth gently without it hurting. I can't eat properly. I can't bite into anything.

I'm really scared and I'm not sure what's wrong. I called my dentist's office last Friday and they said to call my Orthodontist first. I don't know why. My dentist's office said they could get me in on Tuesday if I need to. The Orthodontist's office is closed on Fridays, so I left a voice mail. The tooth has felt really loose all weekend and it's worrying me a lot. I'm still wearing my retainer, but I'm afraid it's making the tooth get looser.

I don't know what to do. Should I try and wait this out or will it get worse over the weekend? I don't feel like I have much of a choice here.

Thanks.

JJ

Ask a Question