Loose Adult Tooth

For a bit of context, I have sensory processing disorder, which makes it so my senses are heightened and there are certain things I find very difficult to do. One of which for my entire life has been brushing my teeth. Throughout my entire life my family has tried to find things to help but none of them worked which has led to my teeth gradually getting worse. I woke up a few days ago with a pain in my tooth which worried me to the point where I tried to commit myself to brushing my teeth at least once a day to try and make things better, but today I noticed that the tooth has started to become wobbly, and my anxiety has increased a lot as I’m worried about losing it. I don’t know what’s best for me to do right now as I don’t know if it can be saved and how so. If not, my problem is then how to cope with the missing tooth as I don’t want it to affect my social life and has left me extremely worried. Any help is appreciated.

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
There's nothing we can offer you in this forum except the advice that you go to a dentist and find out what's happening. If one tooth is giving you trouble after years of non-brushing, then it's likely there are more problems. Take a friend along if you're nervous. The first appointment should be an examination with X-rays, and a discussion.

Vote:

Ask a Question