Listerine

Solutions
Hi there, yesterday my mouth started peeling, the inside of my cheek. Only a little bit but i'm not totally sure what the cause for it was.

i did use listerine mouthwash, i'm guessing it was on Tuesday evening and felt a burning feeling. could that be what caused it?

i dont have any photos of it and its stopped now but was worried a bit yesterday.

thanks

Solution
It is the chemical irritation from Listerine. I'm not a fan of oral rinses due to chemical irritation potential. I believe in proper and thorough brushing and flossing with no short cuts from any rinses. If you have deteriorating gum disease with deep active gum pockets, short -term prescription rinse (I prefer non-alcohol base) may be beneficial.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It is the chemical irritation from Listerine. I'm not a fan of oral rinses due to chemical irritation potential. I believe in proper and thorough brushing and flossing with no short cuts from any rinses. If you have deteriorating gum disease with deep active gum pockets, short -term prescription rinse (I prefer non-alcohol base) may be beneficial.

Vote:
Solution
Solutions
thanks for reply.

i brush for 2 minutes twice a day and use interdental brushes every day, my teeth are generally ok. i just sometimes use mouthwash for an extra fresh feeling-not insted of brushing or flossing.

not used listerine in a long time and i actually didn't like the feeling when i used it so think i won't use it again.

Vote:

Ask a Question