Lingual Frenectomy (Elective)

Hi. I am looking for a dentist who will give me an elective lingual frenectomy. I do NOT have a tongue-tie, but I feel that my mouth will benefit from the extra reach from this operation (able to clean with my tongue more efficiently, for example).

I live in Vancouver, WA and would prefer a provider in WA or OR, but can also fly to other places. I am able to pay out of pocket as I don't believe my insurance would cover it if I do not have a tongue-tie (though it does cover oral surgeries).

Anyways, please contact me here if you are a provider or know of one who would do this. I'm not looking for a consult either -- I just would like to get the work done. Preferably with a laser as I hear that it can open the frenulum more effectively.

Thank you!
Daniel

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Given that there are risks associated with frenectomies (attached), you will need a better reason to satisfy a dentist. No-one will just do it without a consultation and discussion of your expected outcomes (why are you doing this), and the expected benefits (will it achieve what you think it will), and the risks.

Attachments

• 1-s2.0-S2468785519301594-main.pdf
    342.4 KB · Views: 9

Vote:

Ask a Question