Lignocaine toxicity

Hello
I attended a dentist appointment for a lower jaw first molar crown preparation today. After being injected with scandonest 3% ( with no adrenaline) twice i was not sufficiently numb so my dentist injected me with lignocaine 2%. Within moments my heart felt like it was stopping and that I was being put under general anaesthesia. The dentist put my chair back even further so my head was lower than my body which made me feel even worse. After the initial panic thinking I was dying, shivering muscle spasms, crying I was practically back to normal after 5 minutes. I have pain in my jaw on opening 3 hours later. My dentist says my nervousness before the procedure caused this reaction. Does this sound standard?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Heart palpitations is sometimes normal to an injection with adrenalin. A panic response or attack could also explain some of the other symptoms you were experiencing.
I would just mention this reaction to your dentist before your next procedure.

Vote:

Ask a Question