ligament like pain years after RC

I had a root canal and crown on my top 2nd molar from back about 15 years ago. The tooth never did feel quite right, and the endo back then gave me some antibiotics and eventually the discomfort left or I just learned to ignore it. However, lately it has become a problem such that too much pressure chewing will start a soreness that feels like a periodontal ligament like pain (I am just guessing). I also get this if I grab the tooth and move it around - and after soreness etc. I have no heat or cold sensitivity and my regular dentist sees no nerve, absess or anything on xray - though he did mention something about bone loss to his assistant when looking around that area. He provided no feedback on what to do about this. Not sure where to turn next..I have read about cases of atypical-odontalgia and wondered if it might be that?

What happened with your tooth

Hello,
Was your tooth issue resolved? I got a root canal a couple of months ago and since the permanent crown i have had percussion and sensitivity issues. Any help would be great. thank you

Vote:

Ask a Question