kind of hurts to brush teeth after 2-3 days of alcohol consumption

I literally for 2 days mixed up some (1 bottle of vodka for all 2-3 days) and some walmart brand Pink lemonade "crystal light" The stuff itself has no sugar in it.

Anyhow I woke up a day or so ago and brushed my teeth and noticed it didn't really hurt to brush but it would zing me around my gum lines and the crowns of my teeth. This is not just occurring in one place of my mouth but all over. it's easier to make contact with the zing around the front and back of the gum line . I've never had this problem before and i brush and floss regularly. I read it could be gum recession? Is this anything I should worry about? Is this possible to happen to someone over a 2-3 day period?

Drinking vodka for two days isn't going to be good for your teeth. For a start - it contains potato - which is high in starch (which is converted to sugar easily). Alcohol is also 'converted' sugar.
So all in all, you have given your teeth a battering for 3 days. I'd drink nothing but water and milk for a few days, and use mouthwash after brushing in an evening.

Vote:
Gum recession is very unlikely to occur after only a 2-3 day period. However, you could have sensitive teeth. While the Crystal Light doesn't have sugar in it, alcohol does, which can lead to cavities and further irritate sensitive teeth. I would switch to a toothpaste for sensitive teeth, such as Sensodyne, and if the problem continues see your dentist. You could also be brushing too hard.

Vote:
I agree with ThirdStreetDental above, try using Sensodyne or other like toothpaste for sensitive teeth.

I really think that the massive amount of crystal light may have caused the sensitivity. True it may not have sugar in it, but it probably has some kind of artificial sweetener, or like chemical (otherwise you'd just be drinking sour lemon water). I've had a similar sensitivity happen to me. I was traveling for a weekend and drank a few bottles of Poweraid/Gatoraid over the couple days with very little water. The Poweraid made my teeth sensitive, but no permanent damage. I believe it had to do with the "fake sugar" they put in those kinds of sport drinks.

Vote:
Many adults have gum recession later in life. That's not uncommon. Try drink in moderation and less frequently. You'll enjoy it more that way. If you can't do that then you need to start going to AA. Don't brush for a few days. Then touch and see if it's tender still. If it is wait another week before attempting to brush. and lay off the boze

Vote:
Any starch based drinks does harms our teeth like anything if the same has been consumed for 2-3 days, though in your case it seems that too much consumption of liquor has made your teeth much sensitive, that is why consumption of liquor is always held as bad for tooth or gums.

Vote:

Ask a Question