Just had toothed pulled

I just had my toothed pulled yesterday and it took some time because it was badly infected and decayed. It came out in pieces and he had to dig, drill, and pick around the tooth to loosen it, it wouldn't come out. But when it did and was out the normal bleeding and gause came, but I have a lot of pain now, even with the ibuprofen and its not really helping and I am afraid to call the dentist to request better pain pills, because I know people abuse the system for good medicaions. But I am in really high amounts of pain and the medication is not helping much. I have antibiotics for the infection, but what should I do?

Some amount of pain and discomfort is expected for few days after tooth extraction. Amount of pain which occurs after tooth extraction is dependent on procedure which is used for the extraction of the tooth and the degree of trauma to the adjacent tissues.Pain can be managed after tooth extraction withover the counter pain medicaments.Analgesics are given after the tooth extraction to relieve the pain.During the first 24 hours after tooth extraction, you should take soft and liquid diet and should avoid taking food from the side where tooth was extracted. It is advised to do warm saline rinses 24 hours after the tooth extraction to reduce the pain and swelling. Take rest.You should avoid spitting, sucking, drinking anything with straw for minimum of 24 hours after tooth extraction and should not smoke for minimum of 2 days after tooth extraction.Smoking can create negative pressure and can cause dislodgement of clot and lead to dry socket.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vote:

Ask a Question