Just had Composite filling done 4 days ago

My regular dentist ended up selling his practise so I'm unsure what the new dentist is liked but I had to get some dental work, two back fillings done on Monday. Originally after the numbing wore off I realized she didn't file it down enough as my bite was off. I went back and another dentist was able to fix it and polish it as it was also still rough and it was bugging me. Well I ended up flossing late last night and this morning I have noting but this weird funky taste in my mouth. It's like a mixture of metallic and some weird chemical taste maybe? It's hard to explain. Also not sure if its connected but when my tongue goes to the fillings, its got a funny feeling and feels like if you were touching something metallic however its those white fillings.

(Sorry just kinda tripping and bugging me out right now. Never had issues with fillings before)

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
You may consider getting a x-ray of the area to check for gaps in between the teeth and make sure the filling is intact. "Funky taste" should be discussed because that is not a good sign. Hopefully you are not getting food stuck or trapped. If so, that needs to be corrected.

Vote:
Solutions
I don't think dentists should be routinely using composite on back tooth fillings. The whole war against amalgam is misguided and leads to more problems in the long term. Some dentists are simply not good as good as others at working with the material and that's not the dentist's fault. It's horrible stuff. I've come back from the dentist on more than one occasion having to create a gap between teeth when composite has got stuck in between teeth. I also had major issues when a dentist decided to build up my bite using composite. Just led to sensitivity, pain, and a worse bite.

I hope you get your issue resolved TDior.

Vote:

Ask a Question