Just a mess and no idea who I should be talking with

Discussion in 'Patient Forum' started by goober716, Oct 11, 2017.

  1. goober716


    Oct 11, 2017
    Likes Received:
    I will try to keep it brief- When my boyfriend was early teens he was assaulted. The event left him with damaged teeth, from upper canine to upper canine. His parents did not get him treatment at the time and eventually they've rotted. There are several other teeth causing issues. When we went to the dentist for sever pain recently, the dentist said the pain was caused by a wisdom tooth growing in a little sideways into his back molar. This dentist declined to operate on it and actually suggested for us to talk to an oral surgeon as he thinks the best course of action would be for all the teeth to be removed and my boyfriend to have dentures. So my questions are-
    1. Is an oral surgeon the dentist that would be performing the extraction and denture procedures?
    2. In terms of cost cutting since our benefits aren't that great, would splitting the procedures up among the different specialists be a good idea?
    3. What specialties apply in this situation?
    4. Are there any programs that offer financial help for dental work (carecredit is not an option)?
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    goober716, Oct 11, 2017
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.