Jaw tenderness?

I had a lower molar removed around 1 year ago... I’ve noticed lately on occasion that 2 teeth are touching occasionally at the front that didn’t used to. I also feel like my jaw is tender around the area where the tooth was removed. I get a bit of health anxiety as it is and keep worrying it’s a gland but I don’t feel any lump. Is it normal to get tender jaw a year after a tooth has been removed and could this be my teeth moving?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

It is a bit strange to have jaw tenderness 1 year after an extraction. But this could be explained due your occlusion that has shifted due to a molar tooth that is now missing. This shift could lead to you grinding your teeth, leading to the jaw ache, and it could be more specific to one side.
I would still go to your dentist, just to take a x-ray, to rule out any other possible causes. If you are grinding, perhaps consider getting a bite-plate made, to sleep with at night.

Hope this helps

Vote:

Ask a Question