jaw problem

Hello,

I've been having this jaw problem since I was 16, and I am now 36. Long story short, 20 years ago I opened my mouth too wide and it got stuck, and I got so panic that I force-closed it. I went closed, but since then my my upper and lower teeth have misaligned and my face not symmetrical, and also I have clicking sound. I went to a dentist 15 years ago, and he said if I could chew without any problem a surgery is not recommended. The thing is my face now is more asymmetrical, and my clicking sound seems to be happening much more often. Is there any way to have my jaw fixed back to normal?

Best,
Pol

A well experienced dentist can only advise you in this situation. Hence, instead of taking and trying things, I would recommend you to visit a professional dentist who can help you to get rid of this problem.

Vote:
Natural Treatment Plan For Jaw Pain

Here are some thoughts and guidelines that I keep in mind when looking to help people achieve long term relief from jaw pain and dysfunction:

Except for cases in which there is an overt subluxation or frank dislocation of the temporo-mandibular joint, it is best not to do any direct work to this joint. The temporo-mandibular joint has a disc that is critical in allowing the joint to work properly. This disc is very delicate and easily damaged when abrupt mechanical force is applied to the region. Such damage and potential ensuing scar tissue formation can create structural changes to the region that can lead to permanent problems.

Try not to chew gum. As I mentioned in an article that I wrote on why chewing gum isn't great for your health, over time, unnecessary use of your muscles of mastication can damage these muscles and the disc that lies in the temporo-mandibular joint.

Stretch your neck on a regular basis. Tight neck muscles and/or dysfunction in the joints of your neck can contribute to improper movement of your temporo-mandibular joints. For a description of simple neck exercises that you can do daily,

Vote:

Ask a Question