Jaw pain after upper teeth removal

2 weeks ago, I finished getting my teeth extracted prior to me starting chemotherapy. I had to get the entire top removed, and 4 on the bottom (wisdom + the molar in front). I have an appointment in a couple of weeks to start the process of getting dentures.
However, my jaw is absolutely killing me.
I've always been a bit of a teeth grinder, even while awake, thanks to my anxiety disorder. Most of the time, I'd simply have my jaw sort of 'locked' together, and that's how my mouth would rest. Now, without upper teeth to rest against, I feel like my lower jaw is getting more and more cramped, like it's actually being strained. This, in addition to the lovely side effects of chemo, has me stressed out to the max, causing me even more pain.

So my question, simply, is this, because hours of searching on google has yielded nothing: Is there some sort of mouth guard that I can get so that my lower jaw has something to work/rest against rather than just sort of hanging free? Or is there something I can do to alleviate the pain? I feel like I'm going nuts, between the jaw pain and my tongue being sore from the chemo.

There is nothing to be scared about it. It is just tooth healing process and is normal after the wisdom tooth treatment. The white stuff is just healing barrier which stops the air and debris to get into the affected tooth area.

Vote:

Ask a Question