Is this tooth really okay?

Three weeks ago, I got my teeth checked by a dentist, and they accidentally found out from one of my x-rays that my upper right central incisor has root resorption.
IMG_4537.HEIC.jpg

An endodontist did RCT on it, and I went back for a filling a week ago. I flossed before going, and everything was fine. After the filling, when I flossed between this tooth and my lateral incisor, this piece of my tooth came off with the floss.
IMG_6197.JPG

So I went back, and they denied anything being missing from my tooth, and when shown pictures of that piece, they said it must have broken off from another tooth. But when I gave them the piece, and they put it in the hole in my tooth, it fit, and they finally admitted that it did, in fact, fall off this tooth, but said it's a good thing and that now I can floss better! :|
I couldn't believe what I was hearing and asked if I should do anything about it, and they said no, it's fine. The tooth feels sensitive, especially in that area, and also feels a little rough while brushing.
Here's a photo of the tooth now:
IMG_7672.HEIC.jpg

Is this really okay? Should I just leave it like that? I'm genuinely afraid of it breaking off even more and reaching a state where it can't be saved anymore!:(

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day
It looks like a piece of filling came out. This is often mistaken for tooth structure due to similar colour. I would get it replaced as soon as possible to prevent complications.

Vote:
Good day
It looks like a piece of filling came out. This is often mistaken for tooth structure due to similar colour. I would get it replaced as soon as possible to prevent complications.
Thank you so much for answering and providing your professional opinion on my problem. I will try to make another appointment with a dentist to get it fixed.

Vote:

Ask a Question