Is this normal looking please

Discussion in 'General Dentistry Discussion' started by Stacer, May 13, 2019.

1. Stacer

Stacer

Hi guys
    I had my whole top set of teeth removed saturday morning. It's Tuesday night and the pain today has been so bad painkillers aren't taking the edge off , which they have been helping great until now. Is this a dry socket ? Soooo much pain.

Attached Files:

Stacer, May 13, 2019
    1. Advertisements

2. Stacer

Stacer

Oops s sorry it's now Monday lol painkillers affecting my brain. Please tell me it's normal.

Stacer, May 13, 2019
    1. Advertisements

3. Stacer

honestdoc Verified Dentist

So far it looks normal as long as you are not experiencing swelling and fever. You dentist/surgeon will usually follow you up after removing a set of teeth.

honestdoc, May 13, 2019
    Kim Osborne likes this.
  4. Stacer

Stacer

Thanks so much for replying that eases my mind a bit.
    Thursday now and the throbbing just will not stop. I have a very high pain threshold believe me but this whole extraction takes the cake. NOTHING i take gives any relief and the throbbing is just continuous, i feel like I'm going to go crazy the off white patch on the back top side my hand is on all feels like rock hard tooth. Looks soft but isn't i think there's roots still in there 4 sure.

Attached Files:

Stacer, May 15, 2019
  5. Stacer

Stacer

So the bottom here that all feels like tooth around outside it is rock hard will it eject on its own or go back to dentist? I have my wedding soon so i really need to heal and get dentures in or have to postpone which will cost us.

Stacer, May 15, 2019
  6. Stacer

Stacer

20190515_233513.jpg

Stacer, May 15, 2019
  7. Stacer

honestdoc Verified Dentist

Everything seems Within Normal Limits. I'm not sure why the surgeon didn't do a followup with you since you had a traumatic procedure. Did the dentist talk to you about dentures and when to fabricate it?

honestdoc, May 16, 2019
    Kim Osborne likes this.
  8. Stacer

Stacer

He is doing a follow up this saturday. Still in so much pain it's ridicolous. I guess to be expected. He didn't pack any gauze in or, put in any stitches. I wish he had as the very back top amd bottom don't seem to have healed or even started healing, they are just big empty holes. Im a lil surprised to be still in this much pain. The throbbing is so bad if not for that i think I'd be coping.
    Thanks so much again x

Stacer, May 20, 2019 at 2:10 AM
  9. Stacer

Stacer

Oh as far as dentures i was advised to wait awhile till healing has taken place and gums not so sore. Haven't had impressions or anything done so fingers crossed 4 healing fast. I havent left the house and i have 4 kids so embarassed i look terrible.

Stacer, May 20, 2019 at 2:12 AM
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question