Is this normal looking please

Hi guys
I had my whole top set of teeth removed saturday morning. It's Tuesday night and the pain today has been so bad painkillers aren't taking the edge off , which they have been helping great until now. Is this a dry socket ? Soooo much pain.

Attachments

• 20190513_220729.jpg
    20190513_220729.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 249

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
So far it looks normal as long as you are not experiencing swelling and fever. You dentist/surgeon will usually follow you up after removing a set of teeth.

Vote:
Thanks so much for replying that eases my mind a bit.
Thursday now and the throbbing just will not stop. I have a very high pain threshold believe me but this whole extraction takes the cake. NOTHING i take gives any relief and the throbbing is just continuous, i feel like I'm going to go crazy the off white patch on the back top side my hand is on all feels like rock hard tooth. Looks soft but isn't i think there's roots still in there 4 sure.

Attachments

• 20190515_174147.jpg
    20190515_174147.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 204

Vote:
So the bottom here that all feels like tooth around outside it is rock hard will it eject on its own or go back to dentist? I have my wedding soon so i really need to heal and get dentures in or have to postpone which will cost us.

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Everything seems Within Normal Limits. I'm not sure why the surgeon didn't do a followup with you since you had a traumatic procedure. Did the dentist talk to you about dentures and when to fabricate it?

Vote:
He is doing a follow up this saturday. Still in so much pain it's ridicolous. I guess to be expected. He didn't pack any gauze in or, put in any stitches. I wish he had as the very back top amd bottom don't seem to have healed or even started healing, they are just big empty holes. Im a lil surprised to be still in this much pain. The throbbing is so bad if not for that i think I'd be coping.
Thanks so much again x

Vote:
Oh as far as dentures i was advised to wait awhile till healing has taken place and gums not so sore. Haven't had impressions or anything done so fingers crossed 4 healing fast. I havent left the house and i have 4 kids so embarassed i look terrible.

Vote:

Ask a Question