Is This Gum Disease?

So my teeth recently started feeling "loose" a few weeks ago, maybe around 6 or 7.
I would push on the back of the top front four teeth and I would get a bit of a popping feeling, like it was subtly shifting forward.
I'm not sure why it started, but I was clenching my teeth really hard around that time so possibly that.
Over the last few weeks, I've found that drinking coffee makes it worse, but the feeling has been going away.
However, in that same time, it seems my left most top incisor has shifted forward and kind of twisted.
But here's what's complicating things, my wisdom teeth are growing in and I was at the dentist 2 weeks ago and they didn't see anything wrong and said my teeth/gums were healthy, BUT, I didn't actually ask any questions about these problems with my teeth because I'm stupid. I brush and floss daily, and am probably going to schedule another appointment soon to actually get this cleared up, but in the meantime, can anyone tell me what's going on? Do I have periodontitis and are my teeth imminently going to fall out or is this 70% mental?

Posting another version of this in orthodontics, so apologies if you see it twice.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Previously thoughts on wisdom teeth pushing on anterior teeth were "myths." However later studies have concluded that it is possible. Grinding an clenching can be very destructive. Your dentist/hygienist can diagnose gum disease by reviewing your bone levels on x-rays and measuring attachment loss on your gums. If your dentist didn't find any gum disease/bone/gum attachment loss, you may be experiencing anterior crowding and grinding/clenching. Consider having your wisdom teeth removed and use a bite guard.

Vote:

Ask a Question