Is this a cracked filling?

Hello,

I have been having awful sharp pain on this tooth when biting something hard/at the wrong angle. I went to my dentist and have been told there is nothing wrong. However I have taken a photo and it looks like the filling has chipped? Please help! ☺️
BB250684-A343-4F7C-9279-E5CCF39C3045.jpeg

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
If you have a cracked tooth, the signs and symptoms are a sharp, short pain when chewing food which usually goes away quickly in the early stages. The longer it goes undiagnosed, the worse it will get. Tests to perform on this tooth are: a bitewing radiograph, a FracFinder instrument, and transillumination.

Vote:
If symptoms such as pain or sensitivity are felt when biting or chewing or when exposed to hot or cold temperatures. If you experience any of these symptoms, it's best to schedule an appointment with your dentist for an evaluation. It can determine if your filling is cracked and receive appropriate treatment for it.

Vote:

Ask a Question