Is this a cavity?

Solutions
On the bottom left corner between the teeth, just below that big filling, is that a cavity??
This is the right side of the mouth right?
My dentist took these x-rays 5 months ago and never said anything about a cavity.
I've been having big issues with finding a dentist that is telling me what needs to be fixed..
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• CI1.jpg
    CI1.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 13

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day
This is the left side of the mouth. It does look like there might be some leakage below the filling that is currently there.

Vote:
Solutions
Here's another x-ray from 2013, does this help at all? It looks slightly bigger in the newer x-ray to me..
I am having problems in that area, bad taste in the morning and I went to 2 dentists that did not say anything about a possible cavity there.
I also had that tooth worked on, the outer gumline was decayed badly, I had that decay for 10 years and dentists did not tell me even after a complete "exam"! I went in myself due to the bad breath and told him to fix it.

I have small black spots on both my canine teeth now in between, they say to wait until goes through the enamel all the way.. I don't know what to do now. They don't seem to want to fix anything (2 dentists). I also have 3 small black spots at the gumlines of other teeth, again I barely got them to accept one should be fixed.
How does a dentist decide if a black spot should be fixed? I had the black spot on that tooth in the x-ray go deep and across the gumline entirely without creating a cavity, so black spots can expand.. Should they be fixed as soon as they're detected even if there's no cavity?

There is a glass ionomer filling at the gumline on that tooth on the first x-ray I posted, I don't see it though, I guess ionomer doesn't show up like composite?
Thank you.

Attachments

• X0480506.JPG
    X0480506.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 5

Vote:

Ask a Question