Is this a cavity ?

Solutions
45A8AC2C-E52A-4217-9D40-9164C0E0138E.jpeg

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
With the x-ray upside down, it is hard to fully view. The adjacent tooth has similar radiolucency. Cavities do not develop so close to the bone. With the difficult view, it's hard to see if it is normal anatomy or external resorption. If I were the dentist, I would take bite wing shots to minimize foreshortening or elongation of periapical angles and have multiple images to compare anatomies.

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I was reviewing your other x-rays from your previous posts. I think it is cervical concavity (anatomy). As stated before, the more accurate view of the area would be a bitewing shot.

Vote:
Solutions
I was reviewing your other x-rays from your previous posts. I think it is cervical concavity (anatomy). As stated before, the more accurate view of the area would be a bitewing shot.

thank you , I am going to see the dentist on Monday in regards to what I believe is failed root canal , I will question this too

Vote:

Ask a Question