Is this a cavity or tartar?

Hello, I have had a molar extracted 6 days ago. The extraction site seems to be healing fine, but I have noticed a big dark brown spot on the side of the tooth right next to it. This spot would have been covered before, by the tooth I had extracted.

So now I'm serioulsy worried that this is a cavity.

Also, as the spot is quite dark and large it would have been impossible for my dentist to miss this while extracting the tooth right next to it, right? So would the fact that he didn't mention it during the extraction indicate that this might be tartar?

I will definitely see my dentist after the Christmas holidays, but for now I'm just looking for an early opinion.

I have also uploaded a photo, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tobias

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 562
I'm not a dentist but I do work in the dental field and that looks more like decay than anything. Could be a cavity but doesn't look like tartar. Its odd that your dentist didn't mention it but I would just talk to your dentist about it when you go back in for a visit.

Vote:

Ask a Question