Is my wisdom teeth infected??

Just got all 4 of them out 2 days ago. The top seem to be fine, but my bottom ones are freaking me out.

They were impacted and had a flap of gum over them( I think the surgeon kept the flap in my gum- idk why since it was infected.) but it looked okay the first night and when I woke up white started appearing yesterday near the extraction site.

Surgeon gave me antibiotics (amoxicillin 500g) to take after the surgery.

Is this normal???? will the infection go away?

Also, is the reddish color near the back of mouth & throat ok? I thinks its from the infection.

I am in no pain (didn't take pain meds at all since I didn't want the side effects,) just swollen cheeks that are sore outside where teeth extracted.

Attachments

• IMG_7986.JPG
    IMG_7986.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_7984.JPG
    IMG_7984.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Your extraction site looks good. The lower wisdom teeth are more traumatic to remove and require more recovery efforts. As long as you don't notice any swelling, the area should heal. Minimal pain is a good indication the body is recovering well.

Vote:
Your extraction site looks good. The lower wisdom teeth are more traumatic to remove and require more recovery efforts. As long as you don't notice any swelling, the area should heal. Minimal pain is a good indication the body is recovering well.

I took a cotton swab to look at the whiteish stuff and it turned out to be stitches that were put in! Redness went away too.

Vote:

Ask a Question