Is my tooth infected?

For the last few days I have been experiencing discomfort in the areas marked, I can’t describe the pain, as it’s not pain as such and is not happening all the time And I can describe it only as annoying. sometimes I can feel a painless throb in the tooth indicated. On the first day of noticing there was cold sensitivity when drinking Cold or touching tooth with cold finger, That has now gone.
if I run my tongue along the gum area highlighted I can sort of feel my pulse. There is no I tap the tooth there is no pain either.
the pain/aches are not getting worse or better.
i will go and see a dentist.
A08BAF8F-E6C5-4830-8B40-59EA7F8DC5AA.jpeg
B6A811D2-47E0-4254-AC95-16038E8BC4F7.jpeg

An update.... The ache is still on and off. It radiates all over top and bottom teeth sometimes, it feels like the tooth highlighted is sensitive, today sensitive to heat. Never had this before. Cold water seems to get rid of the sensitive ache.
The area highlighted feels sore when the ache is on. I type this and everything feels normal.
I can't see a dentist at the moment, firstly because i am not registered with one (on waiting list) and can't see anyone unless in extrucating pain which I am far from.

I brush teeth twice a day for two minutes using an electric toothbrush
I then use a mouthwash that claims to kill 97 to 99 % of bacteria.
Recently I have changed toothpaste to a sensodyne repair and protect (it was on sale I usually use a general colgate toothpaste.

Until I can see a dentist would it be worth me getting some sensodyne toothpaste specifically for sensitive teeth? And the same for mouthwash?

Thanks!

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It is hard to diagnose based on the images. Your dentist will have better access to x-rays and clinical findings. From the images, it does not look like any disease other than gingivitis. The back of the tooth may appear as normal bony tori. You may be grinding and clenching.

Vote:

Ask a Question